Project “Policy actions in favor of cultural landscapes”
STEP was awarded with a grant by EuroNatur foundation for the project “Policy actions in favor of cultural landscapes”. The project will be implemented from October 2020 to October and is a continuation of the project Overaching 2022.
Aim of the project “Policy actions in favour of cultural landscapes”
Project’s main objective is to contribute to the social and economic viability of the cultural landscapes. A cultural landscape is defined as "a geographic area, including both cultural and natural resources and the wildlife or domestic animals therein, associated with a historic event, activity, or person or exhibiting other cultural or aesthetic values." Within the frame of the project, we will try to ensure the maintenance of their beneficial practices, threatened by abandonment or intensification by influencing/promoting favourable policies.
A special focus is put on the EU Common Agriculture Policy (CAP). The CAP is one of the main drivers for HNV system abandonment / intensification and loss of ecosystems services. Realizing this, we will continue with lobbying and advocacy for HNV farming friendly CAP implementation in Bulgaria.
By changing the CAP we aim to achieve environmental protection and also to ensure the long term future of farming, by protecting natural resources on which agriculture relies on.
The project component includes the following activities:
- Continue collection, analyses and processing of data regarding the CAP process in Bulgaria
- Continue the development of a joint policy paper for Bulgaria
- Influencing CAP policy in Bulgaria, incl. the development of a policy and advocacy action plan 2021-2022
- Distribution and presentation of policy paper and further information (also to HNV farming) to key stakeholder
- Support establishment of national cooperation
- Development of an information paper about economic, social and environmental benefits of HNV farming in Bulgaria
- Support awareness raising for HNV farming
EuroNatur is a foundation that protects large-scale natural landscapes as well as ecologically valuable cultural landscapes throughout Europe. For more information visit: https://www.euronatur.org/en/